top of page

Vetacad Group

Offentlig·3 medlemmar

Who Buys Junk Mopeds

Options available for selling a mopedOne has many options when it comes to selling a moped. They may sell their mopeds to their friends or relatives, but they might be transferring the issues along with the ownership of the mopeds to the buyers. An old moped may be sold privately but they may negotiate a sale price which may be low and unfair. Lastly, the moped may also be sold to a scrapping company. If you own a moped that is over the hill, it might be better to scrap it than keeping it in your garage forever.

who buys junk mopeds

Getting used parts for your scooter is a great way to save money Whether you have a scooter, moped, Vespa, or some other personal vehicle you can find second hand parts online or at a salvage yard. There are plenty of places that carry junked scooters that you can pull functioning parts from and reuse them. Below I will help you find your local scooter salvage, share some tips, and discuss my experience with the scooter junkyards near me.

As mentioned earlier the downside to salvage parts is the potential for poor quality. Many of these scooters are being junked for good reason. It is critically important to inspect parts before you buy them.

Annual safety inspection is required for all mopeds on Oahu. The Hawaii Department of Transportation website maintains an updated list of motorcycle/motor scooter (moped) inspection stations in Hawaii, sorted by county and zip code. Look for the Honolulu County safety inspection stations.

A Revived Junk Vehicle is a vehicle that was previously reported to DMV as dismantled (by an individual or dismantler) but it has been restored to good condition so you can drive it again. If your junk vehicle has been revived, you must register the vehicle again.

The Shared Electric Moped Parking Permit Program was approved by the SFMTA Board of Directors at its June 20 2017 meeting. The board voted to lift an 8-foot curb space limit (a condition of an earlier trial policy) and exempted permitted shared e-mopeds from time limits in Residential Parking Permit areas (like a conventional RPP permit).

Footage of the scene taken by WCVB shows police examining the truck owned by The Junkluggers, a national junk removal company. Nearby, a white moped can be seen on its side, behind yellow police tape.

I have no experience with any Chinese or other scooters of any kind. Being a mechanic this caught my eye and thought it had merit. We like mopeds here but this might help if you decide to go the scooter route. Fresh oil from new and regular maintenance works for all machinery.

try doing that with mopeds?... i bet i would be stressed... telling all my buddies over and over to watch their temps... id have to teach each guy how to start the damn bike... tell them about all the little quirks that the bikes have.

While not a scrap yard we realized at one point alotta impound lots have abandoned mopeds, and they practically give them away, at least in ga where there was no registration theyd sit there for a while then you either give em 50bucks or it's in a scrap pile

Rob wonder, one of the core swoops, kinda got back into mopeds with all of us, but like 10 years before we started up he had been real into mopeds; there used to be this moto junkyard in atlanta (right in east atlanta village where we often wind up stopping or at least jamming through at the rallies)

there was a massive moped pile like a giant mound enough to fill my bedroom packed to the ceiling and then some it was like a mountain they had everything you could think of many rare birds in there and parts galore like I said "was" they crushed every single bit of it so sad it was like a mini moped mountain there just is nobody around there where I lived that even rode mopeds not a single one on the road or in someones yard even I think that pile was every one from miles around and now theyre gone and I bet they didn't get 500 in crushed up scrap I think they were filling cars with them and crushing them I'm not sure didn't see it happen but theyre all gone and ive never been back.

Here at EZ CleanUp, we provide an outstanding, professional, and efficient junk motorcycle removal service. We are committed to our customers and always offer top dollar for your bike. Of course, if you choose to hire us, we pick up your bike for free and pay you in cash.

All you need to do is give us enough details about the junk motorcycle, and we can provide you with a price. If you agree to it, the only thing left for you is to specify a date and time for us to pick up your bike. Once we get there, we pay you and take the motorcycle.

When the scooter is in a considerably poor state, the best option may be to sell it to a junk removal service for cash. People in Philadelphia can contact EZ CleanUp for the best price possible for their junk scooters or their weaker version, mopeds.

Once you give us a call or fill out the form to receive a cost estimate for your bike, we can schedule a convenient pickup time for your junk motorcycle if you like the offer. Our company picks up or tows your vehicle safely at no additional cost and pays you in cash.

You will soon learn that the number one way to get paid for a junk car is to visit a local scrap metal yard, or metal processing center that retains the proper equipment and tools to strip it themselves. By choosing a junk car salvager that does everything in-house, you are cutting out the middleman, which in return, puts more money in your pocket.

Call Garden City Iron & Metal at 1-888-586-5322 to sell a junk car in Indianapolis, Indiana and its surrounding regions. We pay cash on the spot for all scrap metal and metal commodities, including appliances, vehicles, construction equipment, building materials, and much more! Collect all the scrap metal you can, and then sell it to us for the highest profit in town! Request a free estimate or information, today.

Mopeds and scooters are a common form of transport for many in Britain. Lots of scooter riders use their bikes for commuting. Delivery drivers and couriers all rely on the humble scooter. These are the proven and reliable workhorses of the motorcycling world. Low costs, cheap insurance and comfortable handling, keep mopeds and scooters popular.

eBay was launched in 1995 and will be familiar to most online shoppers by now as the premier destination for online auctions. The turnover of used vehicles on eBay is high and especially of scooters and mopeds, so there's a good chance your listing on eBay will generate a lot of interest.

This thing is awesome. Feels very sturdy and well built. Easy to handle at walking speeds. I used this for a track day event to get around the facility. Very maneuverable and easy to ride. I tested some other guys scooters off amazon and honestly they felt like junk. Same price or higher too. This VSETT 8 is faster and easy to handle. Highly recommend.

Lime may still return to Reno, but lawmakers in Carson City this year must first clarify state law on whether stand-up scooters are mopeds or electric bicycles before moving forward on working with Lime or other vendors.

We are enthusiasts and we care about what we do, we care about the enthusiasts who buy from us. We are not in business to make a fast buck- we want people to be delighted with their scooters purchased from us. Nothing pleases us more than having emails and pictures from our customers who have just won a prize at a show, or just returned from a long rally or just want to send us a photo of themselves with their pride and joy.I think it is important for would be purchasers to do some research, and not go for the cheapest option. ScootRS and Saigon Scooter Centre really deserve their good reputations- they do a proper job. I am not in the position to be able to unbiasedly comment on ourselves- i will leave that up to our many customers around the globe.What damages the reputation of scooters from Asia is the junk scooters that people are selling on ebay for a ridiculously low price- such as 895 including shipping. I have absolutely no idea how the do this! It literally costs us more than that to restore any vespa.Not to mention either shipping or a profit!

It is just a sad state of affairs that for every restoration company in Vietnam that does care about their quality and standards, there are scores of those who do not. Infact most sellers have no knowledge of scooters. they are in it for a fast buck, and buy from the infamous little sweat shops most of which are on one of 2 notorious roads that churn out junk death traps-they then simply throw them on eBay.The old saying you buy cheap- you buy twice has never been more true. So my advice, if you wish to buy a scooter for personal use, go to scootrs.com or saigonscootercentre.com you might pay twice as much as the ebay hawkers, but you will in the long run save money not having to rebuild a death trap, and most importantly you will have a safe enjoyable ride. Before anyone mentions it- we are not associated to either of these companies in anyway- neither are they with each other.

If you go to Vietnam, you would be shocked at some of the places where these scooters are being built. Scooterist is drawn to these Viet scooter for their low price. I find more and more as Vespa and Lambrettas are drying up in Vietnam, that there are starting to see more and more welded together scooters which are real scary. The cost of a used scooter has shot up also. These shops cannot buy any scooter for less than $1000. usd. Hence the visit to the junkyard and then to the welder is coming into play. Oh yeah, a lot of Bondo also. AstraVietanm aka Huys sold me a LIS which I was going to resell but I found out the frame was tweaked within my first hour of getting the bike. This led me under the scooter to find some really bad weld on the frame which led me to sandblasting the frame to find out that the frame was welded in three spot from 3 different scooters. VERY DANGEROUS. I got a replacement frame from a local scooterist but now I find out that Huy cut the legshield down to make it fit on the old welded frame. This was after I went and visited Huys operations and saw some of his work. I think these shops get busy and Vietnam does not undserstand quality control yet nor customer service. 041b061a72

Om

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page